Featured Threads Archive
If you're itching to see some Mass Effect: Andromeda campaign gameplay, Gamespot just uploaded the first 45 minutes of the game. Of course, be aware of spoiling the beginning of the game for yourself if you happen to watch the gameplay!
Gamespot just released a video that shows you a ton of different customization options in Mass Effect: Andromeda's character customization. You'll see different skin tons, face options, hair styles & even some crazy hair colors. You'll see tons of tattoo options too, as long as a pretty crazy looking male character towards the end of the video.
The two images above were released by Fernando Melo, a producer on Mass Effect Andromeda. Even though the Mass Effect Andromeda multiplayer beta was cancelled, he's teased us with a few screenshots of the game's multiplayer portion.
The first screenshot shows off some pretty cool customization featuring both colors & patterns & then the second shows what looks to be a character selection screen. Can we really play as THAT many different characters in Mass Effect Andromeda's multiplayer? Wow.
Beware of spoilers, but here's the first 13 minutes of Mass Effect Andromeda.You'll get a look at the Mass Effect Andromeda intro & the first part of the game, so enjoy!
Lots of great gameplay footage in this Mass Effect: Andromeda video. You can see everything that exists outside of the ships' windows in real-time now, which is incredible.
The video showcases a brand new planet featuring the Krogan, and you'll get a look at the Korgan colony. What's your favorite part of the video?
Bad news, everyone. BioWare has announced that the Mass Effect: Andromeda multiplayer technical test/beta has officially been cancelled across all platforms. With the game launching in just 3 weeks, I was beginning to wonder if this might happen.
Here's their official blog post:
BioWare just launched a 5-minute video that showcases the combat in Mass Effect Andromeda. They cover a variety of gameplay styles, melee weapons, & guns. All weapons are available for each class, so there's no restrictions for you on weapons which is great news.
There's great looks at the HUD, weapons from different galaxies, and great looks at the environments in the game. Get hyped!
In the latest Andromeda Initiative trailer, we get an overview of each character of the Pathfinder team as well as being intriduced to SAM. Each member of the Pathfinder team has implants that allow them to communicate with SAM while they're out in the galaxy.
A brand new Mass Effect: Andromeda cinematic trailer has just launched, and there's some great moments featured within it. I've included a few screenshots below that show off a new alien race, Angara, as well as a look at the following characters: Kallo Jath, Peebee, Liam, Ryder, Cora & Drack.
What else did you guys pick up from the trailer?
BioWare will be shipping Mass Effect: Andromeda in just a few short months, and there's still a ton about the game we don't know. However, BioWare had an interview with Kotaku where they discussed PC's unlocked framerate & some brand new multiplayer details.
Here's a summary of the juicy points, but check out the full article for more information:
- Players will no longer be required to player multiplayer to further the story in Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Andromeda will feature with a "Strike Team" system that's a fundamental part of the multiplayer
- The Strike Team system allows you to go between single & multiplayer without having to back out of each mode & go to the main menu, however, it's not seamless (there's a loading screen)
- There's a meta-story of what's going on...
The release of Mass Effect: Andromeda is coming in March of 2017, but there's a lot that we still don't know about the game. Let's put together an official Mass Effect: Andromeda wishlist that we can show to the developers.
We likely won't know all about the game until it's been out for a few weeks, but this could even be used for updates & patches that are applied to the game during its lifecycle. I'll take some of the best & most popular ideas and compile them here in the very first thread.
I'll start with a few things I'd love to see:
- Ability to edit your character's appearance throughout the entire game
- Similar multiplayer to what we had in Mass Effect 3, but build upon that with more maps & boss enemy types
- Cooperative roaming of a planet with a friend (I know, I know.. pipe dream)
- 60 FPS, but I have a feeling we'll be locked at 30 FPS (at least on console)
With the original Mass Effect trilogy, it was incredibly important to keep your save files so that you could import your decisions into each sequel. Will you need to do the same for Mass Effect: Andromeda?
In the video above, there's a pretty lengthy discussion that goes over lots of questions fans want to know about Mass Effect: Andromeda. Here's a few of the juicy pieces below:
- The development team hasn't "locked in" on a vision for the future of Mass Effect just yet
- Mass Effect: Andromeda's ending will be "complex" & the development team states it'll be a "big, bold ending, much like Mass Effect 1 was. But it's got a bit more variation, more akin to Mass Effect 2 in it, based on how you play"
- It seems that the development team is focusing heavily on having a strong ending in Mass Effect: Andromeda after how poorly the trilogy's ending was received
- Andromeda is being thought of as a series, but they're still...
While we were all freaking out over the Mass Effect: Andromeda gameplay video from last night, there was a brand new video released for the Andromeda Initiative last night. You'll get a look at the environments a bit more as well as some information on the Nexus & Arks.
We've all waited for what seems like forever, but the first official gameplay of Mass Effect: Andromeda is officially here. Best part? It's in 4K if your monitor supports that sort of resolution! What do you guys think?
We'll all be playing the main story in Mass Effect: Andromeda, but having great side missions makes a huge difference between a good game and a great game. BioWare has stated that we won't be doing non-stop fetch quests in Andromeda, but that we'll have great unique stories on each world that offers up fun side quests and activities.
BioWare said that the side missions will be worth doing, and we'll even encounter secrets by doing them. Planets will vary in size with some bigger than anything BioWare has done before & others that are smaller and won't require the Nomad to traverse the land.
These planets will house things like colonies, hidden dungeons, minerals & other secrets that we'll unlock along our journey. BioWare has stated that even though there are quite a few different areas, they want us to remember them once we've visited.
Let's look at what some of the fun...
Did you hate the loading screens in the Normandy in Mass Effect? Don't worry, Mass Effect: Andromeda's ship, the Tempest, won't suffer from the same fate.
Game Informer revealed some new information on the ship, and I've summarized it below:
- You'll now choose your destination by standing on the ship's bridge and looking out into the stars in front of you. Gone are the days where you'll transition to a map to choose your destination.
- You'll use a holographic interface in your ship to upgrade your character. You can redistribute ability points and move around your upgrades to give your character the best chance at surviving on a mission-to-mission basis.
- There's a garage where you can stare at and admire your brand new exploration vehicle, the Nomad.
Great information here about the Kett, a brand new alien race in Mass Effect: Andromeda, from the game's art director Joel MacMillian. There's a great look at their design process as well as an exclusive look at how the Kett looked before we received the final version in the cinematic reveal trailer.
Page 1 of 2